Accelerate Tuition was set up by Geoff Jones, to provide Maths Tuition to small groups or on a one to one basis. Tutoring is done from a bespoke Tutor room built in a studio at the end of my garden very close to R.A.Butler Primary School.
Accelerate Tuition now focuses on tutoring Maths at GCSE and A level, including Further Maths only.
I believe that providing tuition to small groups in a tutor room environment offers the following advantages over one to one tuition at your own home:
- students prefer to learn independently of parents and this is often easiest done away from the home;
- progress is highest when there is a combination of group and individual work;
- it can be less intimating for students if they come with a friend;
- it is less intrusive than a tutor visiting your home;.
The key aspects of the tution offered include:
- Pride and time taken over notes using lots of colour
- Preparation of revision flash cards
- Weekly homework
- Weekly assesments
- Regular maths vocabulary tests
- Focus on developing problem solving skils